Thursday, October 18, 2007

Holiday Time

Time flies. It's already Thursday, school resumes on Monday. Which means, the 'fun-filled' events they have set for us post PMR students will resume. Starting off with the Prefect Speech. For anyone who wants to ask me (again), no... I haven't finished my 3-minute speech, and no... I haven't even started. Yoiks... it's Thursday... uh-oh...

What's up with this speech-making session anyway? Everyone has already made up their minds on who they're voting for... and I'm sure they're quite aware they are voting for the next generation of prefects who are gonna hunt down their wrong-doings... but that's besides the point. And I kinda pity all of us... having to sit through 48 3-minute speeches... that's like 144 minutes... that's more than 2 hours!

But this is of course training us to speak in front of huge crowds (Just in case one day we plan to lead a rebellion one day and we need to convince others to join us...). But I don't care what the BM proverb says about 'alah bisa tegal biasa'... no matter how many times one does it, it's still one heck of a scary experience anyway.

And if we make it through all that, we still have to face the discipline teachers as they bombard us with questions on who-knows-what. Which is scarier? A hoard of Form 3 students, or sitting across Mr. Oung and Pn Latha, completely unarmed? I'll let you decide.

My point is... actually no, I don't really have a point to this.

This Prefect elections have been a part of CGL um... tradition since, well, as far as anyone can remember. Every year we see the colourful 'Vote for Me' posters being hung up on the bulletin board, and it's quite a nice feeling to be able to finally be part of it. (no matter how scary...)

So, I'll just wish all the best to all the other 47 candidates (whose speeches are in much better condition than mine, I'm sure... :-P), come Monday, let us impress everyone with our speech making skills. Or die trying...

Nah... I'm kidding.
------------------------------

Hmm... letters that end with NY... any, many, uncanny, nanny, zany... ooh! Danny! XD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? You just wrote everything that I wanted to write about. Completely read my mind. The scariest thing is the 'interviews'. Dear Lords, that's sucks big time man... And I got my mag! Turns out, they sent the issue before the one that was going to publish my poem. :o( So I can't see it! But oh well, at least they thought it was good enough to publish! And I got four really pretty stamps to add to my mom's stamp collection! ;o)

questmaster said...

You already know my opinion on the topic of your blog. The main point lies in what you said.
Everyone has already made up their minds on who they're voting for.
Besides that, no comment. At all.

Anonymous said...

Huey Fern!!!
somewhere near Island Glade, "What??"
"I'm stucked! I'm scared of the interview! I'm feeling like menarik diri!!!(but you have sacrifies your time every morning for service!) Huh, hmm- I'll think about it again"

Maria

Esther said...

OOh... I'm one of the last to comment. (and not a candidate) ;)
So it's over. Aren't u all happie as can be??!!! The only sad part was that I couldn't make it for Jess' and your speeches.. but I heard Maria's and PC's. Good on ya' mates! I have a feeling that in just a few more days, all the suspense will be over. All the best! =)