Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Night Before Results

T'was the night before results,
And all through Penang,
PMR students
Lie in their beds.
While results were sent to schools by JPN,
Or at least I think so, I really don't care.

The students were nestled,
All snug in their beds,
While visions of straight As,
Danced in their heads.
Dreams and nightmares
Attacked our heads,
One after another woke up drenched in cold sweat.

All over Penang, even teacher's weren't spared,
Dreams of 'Purata 2.0' gave them quite a scare,
Away to the kitchen, for some strong herbal tea,
Given on Christmas by Aunt McBee.
Fine, I'm kidding, I tend to exaggerate,
Please don't hit me, I tend to bruise real quick.
The syllables in this song are getting really wild,
It's not sounding like The Night Before Christmas anymore.

Right I better get right back on the track,
10 am tomorrow, we will gather.
Some will shout and squeal in delight,
While others will moan all through the night.
How was BM, and English and also Science and Maths?
How bout KH, and Geo and Sejarah and Islam?
From 300 word essays to 60 objective questions,
Now hurry up, hurry up, we can't wait no more.

3 am past, and an hour more,
We still lie awake, partly cos' our sisters snore.
Where did the blissful month go,
When we 'holidayed' our life away, it seemed barely a mo',
Now one week remains, and back into school,
That is if we're still alive,
Once our parents are done with us.

This is turning to be one really long song,
And I have to get going for a haircut now,
So I'll cut this short just like my hair,
And wish everyone all the luck I can spare.
See you tomorrow, early and bright,
May we all hopefully be screaming to our hearts delight.
Merry Christmas,
And good night.

*Ahem*
Yeah, someone had nothing better to do... =p
Good luck and best wishes to all, anyway. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were serious when you said you were going to make up things just to keep your mind off it. ^^

questmaster said...

very funny. -sniffs disdainfully-

Esther said...

Hahaha.. i just saw this! Man, at least we're all good. 7A's and off to Form 4! =( bleh.. bother back-to-school sales.

SYmPLiMe said...

uh, i got those terrible dreams right after the 6 days of exam ( PMR + MARA exam which was on saturday a day AFTER PMR ENDED). and i've forgotten who the heck reminded me of PMR results and there i was, with my terrible DREAMS..I dreamt i failed my maths(my best subject) and excelled in science which was my worst subject!
aiyoyo.. worst thing, i 'got' 0 for four subjects..menakutkan!