Saturday, November 8, 2008

Masters of the drinks stall

I'm not really sure why we volunteered to help out in our primary school's 'Fun at CGL' fair today. Gratitude to them for the first 6 years of our schooling life perhaps? XD Ah, whatever. We're just funny that way. Lol. It was quite a lot of fun anyway, other than the usual tiredness (and constant complains as if we are being tortured :P) from standing so darn long serving drinks to people. But that was an experience within itself, where plenty of lessons were learnt. Lessons that we don't learn in the classroom. Among them are:

1. Pearls (those round chewy bits of tapioca found in 'Bubble Milk Tea') get really, really, really sticky when left out in the open air for too long a time. And two flimsy plastic spoons are definitely not the solution to that problem.

2. The reason as to why those things are called 'Pearls' is unknown to me. But there is quite extensive info on 'Bubble Milk Tea' on Wikipedia (Is there anything that isn't in there??) so check it out if you have nothing better to do... Whoops. -Siapa yang memakan cili, dialah yang rasa pedas-

3. I'm downright clumsy when it comes to filled paper/plastic cups. I managed to knock over about 5 cups in about 2 hours. All in front of dear, patient Pn Rajes.
Me: -knocks over cup- Whoopsss!!
Pn. Rajes: Nevermind, nevermind... -proceeds to wipe ice off the table patiently-

4. The drinks stall does not have enough space for 5 teens to prepare drinks.

5. Not closing the cover properly of the container used to shake the 'Bubble Milk Tea' provides an entertaining show for awaiting customers.
Jonie: -Shakes viciously, pink juice flies in every direction- ARRGGHHH!! -juice dripping from her face-
-Phaik Chern, Jo and I, who were nearest, gets splashed on our backs and hair- AAHHHHHH!!! J0-NIE!! -freezes in whatever we were doing to stare at dripping Jonie-
Customers: WAHHHHH!!!!!/OOHHHHH!!!/HAHAHAHAHAHA!
-Tricia scuttles by carrying a huge jug of crushed ice-
Tricia: -gleefully- I didn't kena! I didn't kena! Hahaha...

6. Hui Lynn is one dang -greedy- bargainer.
Hui Lynn: More pearls!
-Jo empties a spoon of pearls save for two-
Hui Lynn: Oi! Why you leave behind two wan?!
Jo: Ok, ok! -empties the rest-

7. Teachers have more energy than students do.
Long after we had collapsed onto chairs, exhausted, the teachers were still on their feet, hard at work.
Jo: Why you so active wan??
Jo's mum: Why you so half dead wan??!

8. No matter how systematically we plan things out, everything just becomes a mess later.
H2O cup! ICE! ICE!
YAM! GREEN APPLE!
HOW MANY?
Uh.... DOESN'T MATTER! JUST MAKE LAH!!

9. Quality control of products isn't very good.
Jonie: Put syrup ledi ah not?
Jolene: Uh..... dunno, dunno...
Jonie: -contemplates cup for a moment- Ah! Whatever lah! -pours in syrup-
Esther: OI! Put ledi lah! You want to give me diabetes is it??!

10. People just disappear. It just happens.
Phaik Chern: Yam, yam! Who ordered the yam?! -waves cup around-
-No one answers-
Phaik Chern: What the-???? I thought...??? Argghhhh.....

11. Many kids need a lesson in 'Correct Names To Call Elders'
Kid: Aunty! Aunty! Milo Ais one! O.o

12. We all have different reactions to the same stimulus.
Kid: Aunty! Aunty!
Me: -other than a tight smile and 'Call me 'Aunty' one more time....' running through my mind, does not react, cos' I'm just nice that way (Yes, Jess. :P)-

Kid: Aunty! Aunty!
Someone else, though I'm not sure who: I'm going to pour syrup on the next person who calls me that...

Kid: Aunty! Aunty!
Jolene: -holds back cup- I'm not giving this to you until you stop calling me 'Aunty'

Kid: Aunty! Aunty!
Shankeetha: -Serves the kid and waits until the kid leaves- BWAHAHAHA! She just called me aunty! I am so insulted!!
-Jolene's mum bursts into laughter in the background-

So, ta-daa. Many lessons learnt. So glad it's only one week left of school to go. Catch ya' later.

8 comments:

Tysle said...

5. Not closing the cover properly of the container used to shake the 'Bubble Milk Tea' provides an entertaining show for awaiting customers.
Jonie: -Shakes viciously, pink juice flies in every direction- ARRGGHHH!! -juice dripping from her face-
-Phaik Chern, Jo and I, who were nearest, gets splashed on our backs and hair- AAHHHHHH!!! J0-NIE!! -freezes in whatever we were doing to stare at dripping Jonie-
Customers: WAHHHHH!!!!!/OOHHHHH!!!/HAHAHAHAHAHA!
-Tricia scuttles by carrying a huge jug of crushed ice-
Tricia: -gleefully- I didn't kena! I didn't kena! Hahaha...
~~~~~~~~
Umm... It's peach la. I know because you all looked like a art canvas from the back. What a sight! ;)

11. Many kids need a lesson in 'Correct Names To Call Elders'
Kid: Aunty! Aunty! Milo Ais one! O.o
~~~~~~~~
Agreed!!!
I told a kid off for calling me aunty too and didn't take her stupid order until she called me sister 5 minutes later.

Lol!


How was it till 6pm? I'm quite amazed that you still have the strength to blog after the whole day there. I came back from tuition at 4pm and slept till the next morning. Thank God, Ms. Chee didn't do anything much with us this time. :)

questmaster said...

My goodness, Fern. You are so patient. I would have smiled like a shark and then emptied the drink all over the offender. rofl.

Esther said...

Jo's mum: Why you so half dead wan??!
---
love this.

By the way: Aunty isn't as bad as Ah ma. :)

eevy said...

LOL funny! what an adventure..

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL Those people ah, order adi, then dowan to wait, then cabut. Stupid people. D:

BUT IT WAS FUN. (in a sick twisted way)

:P

Anonymous said...

ROFL! Gosh that was so funny! Yeah, I remember when Jonie splashed the peach drink on our backs, I didn't even dare to turn behind. XD

-Ju said...

LOL aunty!
the games stall that i jaga like no customers. lmao.
hectic day for you guys xD

SYmPLiMe said...

funny!!!