Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Case of the Elusive Pendrive

One week ago:
Mum: Hey you. You left your pendrive in your shirt pocket lah... I didn't see it, so it got a thorough washing from the washing machine.

Me: What? *completely surprised, having not even noticed the pendrive was missing in the first place*

Mum: Yalah. I always check your skirt pockets, but not your shirt pockets. Mana tau you keep things inside there and forget to take them out... *hands me the pendrive* Anything important inside or not?? When I shook it, water droplets were still coming out from it... Scared later spoil ledi...

Me: Oh, uh. Nevermind... I have the files saved in my computer.

Mum: Aiyah. Go and dry it and try and see if it can still be used or not... *shoots me a look that seems to say '17 years old nya, forget things so easily ledi... haih...'*

After plugging it into the computer, I found it to be perfectly fine, thank goodness. Plus, it's really clean now.

Today:

Me: *searching high and low* Oh noo... *goes downstairs* Ma, did you by any chance see my pendrive? I think I left it in my shirt pocket again... *sheepish grin*

Mum: Really? Go and check. I didn't wash the clothes yet.

Me: *searches* Don't have wor......

Mum: Where did you last have it?

Me: I KNOW it's not in my KRS shirt pocket because I didn't bring it to school yesterday. So it must be in the white shirt...

Mum: Maybe it dropped somewhere?

Me: Maybe ar.... but I KNOW I didn't bring it to school yesterday... so it must be somewhere around... it's DEFINITELY not in my KRS shirt loh........

*after mum and dad help search around for a while*
Me: Oh well... nevermind. It'll turn up....

Later:
Mum: Oi! I found your pendrive!!

Me: Really?? Great! Where was it??

Mum: In your KRS shirt pocket.

Me: Oh. Oops.

Mum: Keep insisting it's not there summore. Haiyah you...

-----------
Moral of the story?
When your daughter tells you she 'DEFINITELY didn't put it there', ALWAYS check 'there' FIRST!

:P

5 comments:

Tysle said...

Lol, two of my pendrives got washed before too. It's not surprising since pendrives are so tiny nowadays. Something you can't even tell if it's there. xD

Esther said...

Crazy people, all washing pendrives. The contents are 'clean', I hope.

Tysle said...

It's clean, both inside and outside :D

questmaster said...

lol. that's why my pendrive is a car key model xD a) it's noticeably heavy enough so we know when it's still in a pocket and b) if you see car keys in the wash you immediately fish them out xP

eevy said...

so funny la.. LOLLL.