Thursday, October 21, 2010

=)

I'm no good with titles. I'm no good with short and sweet stuff. Long-winded, that's what I am. No wonder my answers in exams nearly always go beyond the allocated number of lines, which are actually supposed to be more than enough for the answer. Therefore, when no smart short blog post title comes to mind, an emoticon usually works.

And that's my random paragraph for the day.

Anyhoooo...

Only 3 more weeks til the end of Sem 1. Finally all the Topic Tests are over for the semester. I'm not doing too badly I guess, so far...But, obviously I definitely could do better, studying habits-wise. Then I wouldn't have to be so darn stressed out every time a Topic Test draws near and I realize I have to study late into the night and wake up and study in the wee hours of the morning to prepare for it.

And it's all my own fault because of my usual procrastination. Well, either that, or it's the crazy compulsory co-curricular programmes that end at midnight the night before Bio topic test...

Okay, fine... it is more truthful to connect the last two sentences using the word 'and' instead of 'or'. XP

Results I've obtained so far are not bad. In fact, they're actually miraculously okay despite all the burning of midnight oil. That is, other than failing Physics once already (and praying I don't fail again...). XD

Then of course I take a good look around and see my super hardworking peers with their exercise books filled with pages and pages of notes, thick library textbooks, complete understanding of Physics, etc etc. and I go O.o
They are all both inspiring and intimidating at the same time. Wheeee! The society of scholars... a learning experience in every way. =D

But the biggest lessons of all are always only from one source: He who gets me through the toughest days... He who loves me so much... He who always shows how real He is in my life.

This week has been a particularly horrible week thanks to Physics and Bio Topic Tests (which needless to say, I wasn't the least bit prepared for), English Speech, performance for Malam Ko-PLN, and to top it all off, an annoying flu.

If I never got to know Him better, I would probably have gone completely bonkers with the stress. But thanks to Him, I made it through the week unscathed. Sure, there were moments where I felt so stressed that I just wanted to cry/pull my hair out/burn the Bio textbook/sleep and pretend the Bio test doesn't exist etc. etc. etc.

But then, just the knowledge that He is there is enough for me to keep hanging on and not freaking out completely. Isn't it awesome to know that you never ever have to rely on your strength and skills alone, but instead you can always depend on Him, no matter what your circumstance?

For all the academic things that I have been learning this year, nothing could compare to His lessons.

And for that, I am forever grateful.

So yeah, while I am striving to be a better student, I am also striving to be a better disciple of His. No matter how bad the day, I can still smile because of Him. Wheeeeee!

=)

Through You, I can do anything,
I can do all things,
Cos' it's You who gives me strength,
Nothing is impossible!
-Planetshakers-

P/S: Go Tricia, go! Conquer that Bio report! You can do it!! Muaks! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm currently lacking motivation to study, and yes, it's also around 3 weeks to the end of my Sem 1. You will not believe the marks I got for mid-sem. You know I don't usually do well, but this time, it was beyond description! XP So yeah, but I'm praying for the self-discipline to study hard. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you found your faith you know; I envy it. Makes you stronger. :)

Love and miss you! <3