Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fan Girl-ly Moment

CSI NY SPOILER ALERT

Not that it really matters... those who don't care for CSI NY can just turn away from now. Those who do care already know about this... :P

-Throws all dignity aside and starts squeeing and flailing- Yes, for those who don't know, I am actually extremely capable of that.

If I wasn't clear the first time, SPOILER ALERT.

For the first time ever, we have a CSI wedding. Yeah, I suppose it's still called a wedding if the wife-to-be is already 7 months pregnant, the couple tied the knot in jeans, and their two bosses are their only guests (One of which is dressed even more smartly than the groom, by the way...).

The Danny/Lindsay relationship has long been a hate-it-completely or OMG-I-love-them with the fans of the show. It's only one of the two extremes. And in case you haven't picked up already, I'm a die hard fan. As in, the kind who remembers all the dialogues and has all the videos.

CSI's got the bug-man, Grissom, recently featured in Star Two. CSI Miami's got the H-Man and his Mighty Black Frames, Horatio, who has also been recently featured (and mocked) in Star Two as well... Remember the CSI Miami movie featuring Horatio's glasses? XD And now CSI NY's got a shot gun wedding between the show's Drama King and country girl. Geez. Gotta love the franchise. XD

Check out the promo, it made me almost get teary-eyed. Almost...




Right. With that enthusiam out of the way, subject shift.

The first term exams just ended and the momentum has shifted to competition season. It's time for the students to disappear regularly from class and for the respective teachers to start complaining about the fact.
It's time for students to start strategizing which lessons they can skip and get away with, and which lessons have teachers who will make students sorry they ever bothered to ask to be excused.

And then, it's also Sports Day season. So we have marching fever, banner painting mania and a whole load of running around. Ain't school life grand? (Depict that sentence in whichever tone you want.)

But seriously, I believe in living this final year of school to the fullest. And if that means I have to balance Drama, Scrabble, societies, prefect duties and studies all in one and pass out at the end of each day, then so be it. Patsy's latest post (Check the side links) on loneliness in a new place really meant something to me. While leaving Form 5 may be the start of a brand new wonderful adventure, it also means leaving behind some of the best times of your life.

So for goodness sake, just cos' it's SPM year, don't bury yourselves in books and forget to really live. For your own sake, and your high school friends. :-)

THERE! I finally posted a REAL update. Now quit bugging me about me about blog-updating. XD

5 comments:

Tysle said...

Yes, it's the competition time of the year. I much prefer this season than the exam one alright. :D

Drama, choir, robotics

3 of them to focus on this year. Did I miss any other competitions out? :)

I agree with that we should go all out in our last year but maybe I shouldn't have taken up so many responsibilities this year. Lol, I'm getting a tad too "quashed" by them.

*gives you a hug*

Tysle said...

typo *I agree with YOU...

Lol, my brain is going off it's rails, that is if it even had one in the first place xD

Fern said...

Wah Tricia, you commented so fast. Like the instant I posted this. Hahaha.

questmaster said...

I am proud of the fact that you say 'pass out', not 'sleep'. keeps it real, y'know? xD

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHH! -fangirl screams and flails with you-
OHMIGOODNESS!!!!! I think I watched it like 10 times already.
Now I can't wait for next week! XD

"Let's walk through this door together, let's take that leap.."

*dies*

P/S Yes, you ARE the one that remembers the dialogues XD