Monday, January 11, 2010

What I've Learnt...

My desire to chase independence completely blocked out all the negative aspects, and I'm now paying the price :P
Funny that the thought of homesickness never even once occurred to me when I was in Penang. I was so looking forward to college life in KL that it never hit me until the moment my parents left for home, leaving me to start my new life in KL with them three hundred kilometers away.
No, I won't deny it. I miss them terribly, although it's only the second day and college hasn't even started. I find myself needing to occupy my brain with other tasks, including mindless games to distract myself from the homesickness. And I admit, yes, I cried a fair few times.

But I guess most people feel the same way when leaving home for the first time. My mood would probably pick up once classes start and I have no time to think about home XD.

To mum and dad, because I know you'll read this, don't worry about me here. I may feel sad sometimes but I'm happy with the choice I made, no regrets. Don't hold it against me if I cry when I talk to you on Skype. I'm just happy to see you :-). I'm perfectly fine here and I will survive. And I will be home before you know it! ;-) Tricia's taking good care of me. Haha.

I thank God that I have Tricia for a room mate. Her happy nature is just the thing anyone needs on their down days and she's always there for me. MUAX, dear!

College starts tomorrow! Wheeee!

Geez, I'm like a yoyo, first up, then down, then up again. XD But I tell myself that I'm learning new things and getting stronger everyday. I will survive! Muahahaha.

1 comment:

Tysle said...

Muhahahaha!

Yes Uncle and Auntie Lee, I'm always here for her :D:D

Don't worry!